SIGN UP HERE TO VOLUNTEER AT PUMPKINFEST/HAUNTED HOUSE!
- Anyone who volunteers will get one free entrance to the haunted house.
- Any student volunteer (junior high or high school) will get volunteer hours and free wristband for activities.
Kinder parents: You are in charge of the bake sale. Please contact your room reps for coordination. Sign up online for baking in advance or volunteering at the stand. (You are also permitted to volunteer in other areas if you prefer.)
2nd grade parents: Arts & Crafts are your jam. Sign up online to help on the day of the festival or donate toward art supplies by contacting your room reps. (You are also permitted to volunteer in other areas if you prefer.)
Everyone else: Sign up for anything you can!
SPECIAL REQUEST FOR DIA DE LOS MUERTOS HISTORIANS; sign up online. For anyone who grew up with Dia de Los Muertos celebrations and/or has some interest or knowledge of this and would be willing to supervise the altar.
- Contact Dan or Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org about getting involved in the Haunted House set up or prop making the week before.
- Sign up online to bake something for the bake sale (see contact info above).
- Donate to the arts and crafts fund: Vilma Bueno (venmo@Romeo–Bueno), Carla Gonzalez (cash), or Mikhaela Cielo (venmo:@mikhaela–cielo)
- Sign up online to come the day before (Friday, 10/26) to help set up.
- Sign up online to come on Sunday, 10/28 for Day 2 of Haunted House.
Questions? Contact: email@example.com
OTHER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES…..
JOIN THE TEAM OF EAGLE VOLUNTEERS TODAY!
Each year, Friends of Micheltorena (FOM) and the school work together to accomplish myriad goals, from providing support in the classroom, to building our community through fun events, to securing funding for school programs. There are many ways to become involved and support our students. Our goal is 100% parent participation!
- PLEASE NOTE:
- Volunteers working during the school day on campus or on field trips must attend a mandatory Volunteer Orientation and Training Session. Sessions will be held on August 23, 2018 at 8:30am and 5:30pm, and on Sept. 5, 2018 at 8:30am and 5:30pm.
- All prospective volunteers must attend one of these orientation sessions, register for a LAUSD Volunteer Account at https://volunteerapp.lausd.net, and submit a Volunteer Application with proof of Tuberculosis (TB) Test Clearance. Volunteers must re-apply each year, though TB Tests are valid for 4 years. Once your online application is complete, bring a printed and signed copy to the office along with proof of valid TB test clearance. If you intend to volunteer more than 16 hours per week, you will also need to be fingerprinted through LAUSD. The school principal/designee will review the application and confirm that the volunteer has met all requirements. Upon approval, the District will issue a Volunteer Identification badge which can be obtained upon check-in at the Main Office before each scheduled volunteer service.
WAYS TO VOLUNTEER:
DURING THE SCHOOL DAY*
- CLASSROOM SUPPORT / FIELD TRIPS / ROOM PARENT – Contact your child’s teacher for more information.
- SAFETY VALET DROP OFF SERVICE – Contact Ms. Sakellarion, Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- LIBRARY VOLUNTEER – Contact Rachel Cuestas, Library Aide email@example.com
- GARDEN – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- SCHOOL COMMITTEES – Positive Culture Committee, School Safety Committee, Health and Wellness Committee, contact Ms. Sakellarion, Principal, email@example.com
- THE GREAT PUMPKIN FESTIVAL – Each October, the school community comes together to celebrate with food, music, crafts, games and student performances.
- MARCH-A-THON – Every March, the students help raise funds by asking friends and neighbors to sponsor them as they take laps around the school. Parent volunteers keep them hydrated and motivated.
- DIA DE LA FAMILIA (Formerly CINCO DE MAYO) – Our final school-wide celebration of the year takes place each May. Volunteers help run food and craft booths
- BEAUTIFICATION DAYS –
- EAGLES SOCCER TEAM TOURNAMENTS –
FOM VOLUNTEER TEAMS
- FOM BOARD
- FOM FUNDRAISING TEAM – We help put the FUN in fundraising! If you’d like to help plan fundraising events like Fall Pledge Drive and Marchathon, research and write grants, sell banners, do corporate and local business outreach, sell raffle tickets, get E-scrips, etc. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BEAUTIFICATION TEAM –
To learn more, email email@example.com.