Micheltorena Elementary is proud to offer an exciting educational opportunity: Kindergarten in English and Spanish!
The key features of our Dual Language program include:
- Instruction starts in Kindergarten and continues through grade levels
- Bilingualism and biliteracy as goal
- Mix of English and Spanish speaking students
- Sustained instruction in the target language of Spanish
- 50% of instruction is in both languages every day
Research shows that students taught in a dual-language program excel as compared to students in other educational programs:
- Higher scores in English, Reading, and Mathematics
- Earned higher SAT scores
- By 5th grade, students outperform all comparative groups and remain high academic achievers throughout their schooling
Enrollment is going on NOW! Please click here for more information on enrolling for the 2013 – 2014 school year.