As you may know, Micheltorena will be starting an English-Spanish dual language kindergarten for the 2012-2013 school year. Please read below about registration procedures for enrollment.
Families that live in our attendance area will be guaranteed spots in the program, but we must have your completed enrollment packet by May 25th. Any packets turned after that date will be given a number and those families will go on a
first come, first served waiting list.
For those that wish to attend on permit, here are the next steps you need to take:
1. Please get your permit signed by your home school’s principal. Our office will give you the permit to take to your home school.
2. Complete and submit your enrollment packet by May 25th.
3. Students will be enrolled on a first come, first served basis once we have your completed packet.
4. There will be no lottery. Instead, there will be a numbered list based the order of receipt of completed enrollment packets.
5. If you wish to be admitted to our regular kindergarten in the case that the Dual Language classes are full, please indicate your interest to our office staff when you bring in your packet.
To help all parents complete their packets, our office will be open an additional day on Saturday, May 12th from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. However, you may come in any time before then during regular school office hours of 7:30 a.m – 4:00 p.m. to
pick up your packet or turn in your packet.
Please feel free to contact Principal Furfari if you have any questions.